Teen Summer Stock is a two-week summer theatre experience for students ages 13 to 17. Students will participate in a variety of theatre workshops and form an acting company to rehearse and perform a fully-produced, age-appropriate, play.
Registration is first-come, first served, and no audition is required. Students will take part in an internal audition, to cast the play, on the second day of the program. All students will receive a part in the production and will be assigned crew and backstage positions as well.
- $490 for two weeks
Program cost includes all workshops, company T-shirt, water bottle, cast party, and two tickets to the final performance on July 30th. Additional tickets will be available for purchase at $10/person. Covid-19 indoor seating guidelines will be used to determine the number of tickets allotted for purchase to each student.
- Monday to Friday, July 19th to 30th
- 11:00 AM to 4:00 PM
- Final performance on July 30 at 7:00 PM
- Friday, May 28th
- Sign up at www.chathamplayers.org
Registration is on a first-come, first served basis and only 15 students will be accepted. Following registration, students will be emailed complete program information, as well as a questionnaire that will allow instructors to plan workshops and a production that will suit their current skills and help them expand their abilities.
TYPICAL DAILY SCHEDULE (students must bring their own lunch/snack each day)
- 11:00 to 11:30 Company Warm-Up & Theatre Games
- 11:30 TO 12:30 Workshop - Acting, Improv, Auditioning, Movement, etc.
- 12:30 to 1:00 Lunch
- 1:00 to 2:15 Rehearsal
- 2:15 to 2:30 Break
- 2:30 to 4:00 Rehearsal
- No more than 15 participants will be accepted
- Temperatures will be taken at the start of each day
- Masks will be worn at all times during workshops and rehearsals
- Social distancing will be maintained during workshops, rehearsals, breaks, and lunch
- Hand sanitizer will be available throughout the theatre
- Staff will be fully vaccinated
- Tuition will be refunded in full if changes in CDC guidelines result in cancellation of the program prior to Monday, July 19th
Questions? Email email@example.com